Last Modified: July 15, 2019
If you are using the Site to access our Solutions, Products, or Services as a Client, your use of the Solutions, Products, or Services is governed by the applicable Products or Services Agreement(s) entered into between the Client and Social Sentinel.
PRIVACY AND PROTECTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
USE OF THE SITE
- Use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any of the Site’s servers or the network(s) connected to any of the Site’s servers, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any part of the Site (including any Content), other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to any Site server, through hacking, password mining or any other means.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any Content, materials, or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Site.
- Use the Site in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk e-mail, spamming or any duplicative, exploitive or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Publish, post, upload, link to, discuss, disseminate, mention, or list names, telephone numbers, addresses, e-mail addresses, facsimile numbers, domain names or websites of any other Users.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, offend, provoke, name call, or otherwise violate the legal rights (including the rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Use or otherwise make available, pass off as your own, or solicit for exchange, sale, or purchase, any materials protected by intellectual property laws, including but not limited to, copyright or trademark laws (or rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
- Publish, post, disseminate, link to, use, modify, copy, reproduce, republish, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content or materials made available through the Site in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other personal or proprietary right of any party.
- Publish, post, disseminate, use, link to or otherwise make available any image, photograph or picture of any other person or User without that person’s or User’s consent.
- Upload files to the Site that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the Site or the operation of another’s computer or property of another.
- Harvest, solicit, or otherwise collect personal information from or about other Users for any purpose.
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Site or to breach security or authentication measures, regardless of your motives or intent.
- Use the Site in any manner that is inconsistent with or violates any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity on the Site for the purpose of misleading others.
- Publish, post, disseminate, link to, upload, use, copy, or otherwise make available (whether or not for a fee) any directory of Users of the Site.
- Become a Subscriber (as defined herein) on the Site: under a new User name if Social Sentinel has restricted, suspended or terminated your use of the Site; with a User name that is offensive, deceptive or violates any other party’s rights; if you are a minor under applicable law; with a non-working or inactive e-mail address, or someone else’s email address other than your own.
- Publish, post, upload, disseminate, discuss, mention, or insinuate false information about other Users.
- Use the Site for any purpose other than for education about social media and digital threat alert and insight services, Social Sentinel’s solutions, and the challenges digital conversation presents for safety and security.
The Site, including any Content, is intended for access and use by U.S. residents only. The Site, including any Content, is not intended for use by children.
CONTENT ON THE SITE
Use of Content.The Content is intended to educate and inform you. Once you have access to Content, it is available for you to read as well as for you to use and download at no charge and without our prior written approval, subject to the following:
- Non-Commercial Use: Generally, no portion of the Content may be used (including reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited) for any commercial purpose. If you are interested in using any portion of the Content for a commercial purpose, please contact as provided below.
- If particular Content has an identified author, you must give appropriate credit to the author.
- You must include the following language on each page of the document: Reprinted with permission from Social Sentinel, Inc. [YEAR]. All rights reserved.
iii. You may not provide attribution in any way that suggests that the author or Social Sentinel endorses you or your use of the Content.
- License Agreements: From time to time, your use of certain Content may be conditioned on your acceptance of license agreements relating to such Content. By acquiring or using the Content, you agree to such terms and conditions. We will provide notice of such license agreements (“License Notice”) at the bottom of such Content.
Any unauthorized use of the Content automatically terminates any permission or license granted by Social Sentinel. If you breach, or permit another person or entity to breach, any terms of this provision, we reserve the right to require that you immediately cease any use or distribution of the Content.
Content on the Site. Social Sentinel reserves the right to monitor, restrict access to, edit, modify, or remove any Content on the Site. Social Sentinel reserves the right at all times to disclose any information Social Sentinel deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, or to edit, modify, refuse to post, or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Social Sentinel’s sole discretion. THESE RIGHTS WILL NOT BE CONSTRUED TO CREATE ANY LIABILITY TO SOCIAL SENTINEL IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CONTENT.
Marks. The trademarks, service marks, logos, slogans, brands, brand names, trade dress, trade names, domain names, and any other distinctive identification (together, the “Marks”) referenced on the Site are either common-law service marks or trademarks or registered service marks or trademarks of Social Sentinel or its licensors or suppliers and are protected by trademark laws in the United States and other countries, and international laws and treaties. Other names of actual companies and products mentioned on the Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners, and reference to them does not suggest sponsorship or endorsement by or association with Social Sentinel. Nothing contained in the Site should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any Marks displayed on the Site. You are not permitted to use any Marks displayed on the Site, including metatags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Marks of Social Sentinel and/or its licensors, without prior written permission of Social Sentinel or such third party that may own the Mark. The Marks may not be used in connection with any product or service that does not belong to us, or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that may disparage or discredit us.
Our current Marks include but are not limited to: SOCIAL SENTINEL, ASSESS ALERT AVERT, LOCAL+, SENTINEL SEARCH, LIBRARY OF HARM, RMAP, SHAREIT.
Copyright Notice. All contents of the Site are: Copyright © 2020 Social Sentinel, Inc. All rights reserved.
Copyright Complaints. We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask all Users of the Site to do the same. It is our policy not to permit materials known by us to infringe another party’s copyright to remain on the Site. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that the Site contains links or other references to another online location that contains material or activity that infringes your copyright rights, you may notify us by providing the following information (as required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512) to our copyright agent set forth below:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Social Sentinel to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Social Sentinel to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Social Sentinel, Inc.
c/o Legal Department
128 Lakeside Ave., Suite 100, Burlington, VT 05401
Feedback. We welcome your comments and feedback about the Site. You agree that, by sharing such feedback with us, you grant to us a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use and incorporate into the Site any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations, corrections, or other feedback you provide relating to the Site.
Unsolicited idea submission. Note that we do not accept or consider unsolicited submissions concerning our business or operations, including, but not limited to, original ideas for new advertising campaigns, promotions, products, services, technologies, processes, materials, marketing plans, or new product/service names. Please do not send us such submissions. The purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when our services, products, or marketing strategies appear similar to ideas submitted to us. All such submissions to us are considered the property of Social Sentinel. We do not have an obligation to protect the confidentiality of any such submissions. We will exclusively own all known or later-existing rights in and to such submissions worldwide, and we will be entitled to the unrestricted use of any such submissions for any purpose, without compensation to you or any third party provider of such submissions.
LINKS TO WEBSITES
Links to Third Party Sites. The Site may provide links to other websites or resources (the “Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under the control of Social Sentinel, and we are not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, any advertising, products, services, or other materials on or otherwise made available via such Linked Sites. Social Sentinel is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. We are providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us of the Linked Site or any association with its operators. When you access any third party websites, you do so at your own risk. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, products, or services made available on or through any Linked Site.
Links to the Social Sentinel Site. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home pages of the Social Sentinel Website (www.socialsentinel.com) so long as the link does not portray Social Sentinel and its affiliates, or their products or services, in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN THE EVENT YOU HAVE ANY DISPUTE WITH ONE OR MORE THIRD PARTIES AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT, OR ARE IN ANY WAY DAMAGED AS A RESULT OF ANY THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION THEREWITH, YOU HEREBY RELEASE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE OR OTHERWISE MAKE A CLAIM, DEMAND, OR FILE ANY LEGAL ACTION OR INSTITUTE ANY LEGAL OR REGULATORY PROCEEDINGS AGAINST SOCIAL SENTINEL, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES FOR ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, OR DAMAGES (WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL), OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED OR UNSUSPECTED, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, DISCLOSED OR UNDISCLOSED. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES, IN PART: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT SOCIAL SENTINEL WOULD NOT HAVE PROVIDED THE SITE BUT FOR THESE DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY, AND YOU AGREE THAT THE TERMS ARE REASONABLE.
Content-Related and General Matters. To provide Feedback, obtain information about commercial use of Content, obtain other information about the Site or the Content:
Social Sentinel, Inc.
128 Lakeside Ave., Suite 100
Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Social Sentinel, Inc.
128 Lakeside Ave., Suite 100
Burlington, VT 05401, USA
© 2020 Social Sentinel, Inc. All rights reserved.